Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Questions about Business Language Courses
- Who should take a Business language course at Sprachcaffe?
- Which languages are available for business language courses?
- Which locations offer business language courses?
- What’s special about Sprachcaffe’s business language courses?
- Is there a placement test?
- What course options are offered for business language courses?
- What is the learning environment like in the business language courses?
- Where will I be accommodated during my language course?
- What is there to do during leisure time at my course’s location?
- Which companies book business language courses at Sprachcaffe?
1. Who should take a Business language course at Sprachcaffe?
Our business language courses are specifically for professionals who often come into contact with foreign languages, seek job opportunities with international organizations or simply want to advance in their career development.
Today, more and more people have to rely on their foreign language skills in their daily work. With our business language courses, we can help you with the first steps of a basic conversation all the way up to the rhetorical subtleties of impantant negotiations.
2. Which languages are available for business language courses?
3. Which locations offer business language courses?
For more information and further details about our business language courses, please see the business language course website. Below is a short overview of the cities in which we operate our langauge schools for corporate clients, as well as organize language courses for working individuals interested in learning lanugages:
4. What’s special about Sprachcaffe’s business language courses?
You set your own individual learning goals, then we’ll determine your current language level. We want to provide you with personal training that depends on whether your proficiency in a foreign language will allow you to fit in with the small groups or if you can actively participate in detail in discussions.
We focus on what you need to succeed in a business atmosphere and train you in specific situations. For example, we’ll set up situations such as presentations and meetings in the foreign language and provide you with relevant know-how about the specific terminology and structures of business language. Tell us what you want to specialize in - we will work out an individual concept just for you!
Our instructors are native speakers and language educators who are qualified specifically to teach adults. They know the rules of communication and political correctness. Business language courses are characterized by having a motivational coach while being in a relaxed learning atmosphere.
5. Is there a placement test?
Yes. As soon as you establish your goals, we'll give you a languae test so that we can find your langauge level. In particular, the multiple-choice test focusses on vocabulary and grammar.
Then, in a personal conversation with you, we will determine the best course for you. This way, we make sure that your course is individually tailored to your needs and will offer you the best possibilities of advance your skills and quickly reach your goals.
6. What course options are offered for business language courses?
A diverse range of business language courses can be found at our language school in Frankfurt. Because each participant has different requirements and objectives, we offer various types of courses for Business English:
- Private Lessons:
The language trainer bases the lessons entirely on your needs and goals. Scheduling lessons is flexible, based on your availability. Private lessons are the most effective and quickest way to possibly learn or improve upon a language. Special tasks, such as preparing a presentation or training for an interview, are best done in this type of course.
- Group Lessons:
The group course consists of a maximum of 6-8 students and focuses on improving communication skills. You'll train for realistic situations, such as presentations and meetings, and concentrate on communication and group participation.
- Group Lessons with a focus on Business:
On top of the 4 lessons of general language lessons, 2 lessons are added focusing on business language training. The course can be intensified at any time by adding private lessons.
- Combination Courses:
You’ll spend four lessons in group lessons and train for such subjects as negotiations and presentations. You can choose the number of lesson hours. Here you again have the opportunity to focus on your personal goals and priorities.
- Customised Courses:
In this course, the focus is on special topics that are desired by individual participants or a closed group. Even the course location is optional. We would happily come into your company's office or meet you at another desired location. Of course, you are also welcome to come in to one of our language school locations.
At all language schools in which business language courses are available, the lessons are offered in the form of private lessons. Private lessons, of course, provide you with the great advantage of having maximum flexibility and focus on your personal learning goals.
7. What is the learning environment like in the business language courses?
In our attractive learning environment, you’ll feel right at home! Sprachcaffe language school’s are all equipped with friendly classrooms and lounges, blooming gardens and sunny terraces. In order to allow you to keep in contact with your office during your language course, you’ll have access to our fax machines and PCs with Internet access at all times.
In addition to offering a comfortable learning environment, we offer an excellent cultural and culinary program. This way, you can productively learn in a positive atmosphere, using all your senses!
8. Where will I be accommodated during my language course?
- Stay at one of our carefully selected homestay families to experience the customs and traditions of the host country first hand. You can also test your language skills and apply them in everyday situations.
- Most of our apartments consist of one to three rooms, you can use as a single or double room. In certain destinations, we have apartments of different categories. Do you want to bring your spouse or friends to one of our typical country-decorated apartments with bathroom and kitchen? No problem, even when they aren’t participating in a course.
- In a hotel, you benefit from increased convenience and privacy. Talk to us about your wishes and ideas, and we'll find a hotel with a matching category, location and amenities.
9. What is there to do during leisure time at my course’s location?
In addition to an effective language course and comfortable accommodations, we also offer a high quality culture and culinary program. So that you can productively learn in a positive atmosphere, using all of your senses. This will only add to your learning experience as it will give you an interesting look into the culture of each country.
We organize trips to cultural institutions and events such as theater and museum visits, and dinners. As well as excursions and visits to the theater. And, as always, our friendly and knowledgeable onsite staff will gladly provide information about local points of interest and opportunities for recreation.
10. Which companies book business language courses at Sprachcaffe?
Our many regular customers that we have gained over 25+ years of operating existence is evidence that Sprachcaffe offers high quality business language courses. We are highly motivated to continue to offer our successful business language courses. In the past, we have repeatedly had employees from the following successful companies:
AEG - Alfa Romeo - American Express - Accenture - Bankers Trust - Bertelsmann - Boehringer Ingelheim - British Airways - Commerzbank - DaimlerChrysler - DE-Consult - Degussa - Deutsche Bahn - Deutsche Telekom - Dresdner Bank - FAZ - Fraport - Ferrero - Fresenius - General Electric - Hapag-Lloyd - Helaba - Hertie - Honda - Hypo Vereinsbank - Lufthansa - Mannesmann - Mc Kinsey - Messe Frankfurt - Motorola - Nestlé - Opel - Procter & Gamble - R+V Versicherung - Sanofi Santander - Siemens - Stadt Frankfurt - Standard Life - Steigenberger Hotels - Thomas Cook - TUI - VDO - Volvo - Xerox - and more...