Teamer / Language Course Group Leader for Junior Groups
Are you on the look out for an exciting job abroad? Do you speak great English and love working with teenagers? Then we are looking for you to be a Teamer for our junior language courses in England, Malta, France or Germany.
The Teamer job is much more than just another holiday job. As a Teamer, you'll be a group leader, local guide, best friend and big brother/sister, as well as the first port of call for anyone suffering with homesickness, all rolled into one. You’ll also be the primary contact for the language school. You'll spend your free time with the students: you party with them, organise info meetings and sports tournaments, accompany them on day trips and deal with any problems or complaints that may arise. It is down to you to ensure that their language course abroad is an absolutely unforgettable experience for each and every participant.
For applicants who are available for a period of more than 6 weeks and already have considerable experience in the youth travel sector, there is also the opportunity to be employed as a destination coordinator.
- Supervision of the students throughout their language trip
- Assisting in the organisation of the leisure activity program
- Accompanying the students during their leisure activities and excursions (throughout the day and evenings)
- Organisation of daily info meetings for all students
- Presence throughout the language courses as well as during meal times
- Organisation of the transfers for the students to and from the airport
- Supporting students when they have problems and worries (also at night)
- Additionally for destination coordinators: Team leadership at the destination, coordination of the activity program, communication with head office in Frankfurt, quality and complaint management
- At least 21 years old
- Very good knowledge of the language of the destination country
- Active, sporty and creative personality
- Ability to encourage others
- Interest in travel and foreign languages
- Experience working with children and young people
- To have a first aid certificate and police certificate (DBS check) at by the time you start work as a Teamer
- Period of employment: March – November
- Duration of employment: at least 3 weeks, max. 3 months
- Working times: Full days (where required)
- Locations of employment: England, Malta, France, Germany
- Compensation: 140 Euros per week for newcomers, 165 Euros per week for experienced Teamers
- Additional info: Travel to and from the destination, accommodation and food will be paid for by Sprachcaffe
Interested? Send us your application using our online application form.
As soon as we have looked through your application, we will get in touch with you to discuss the next steps of your application. If all goes well you may be invited to take part in one of our Teamer training sessions in Malta or Frankfurt. These generally take place on a weekend and you will discover more about Sprachcaffe and be told everything you need to know about the job as a Teamer.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We are looking forward to receiving your application!