Liebig Municipal Museum of Sculpture
The Liebig Municipal Museum of Sculpture was
officially opened in 1909; this museum features sculptures
from the Ancient and Medieval times and epochs. The main part
of the collection first included sculptures from various Frankfurtian
collections which were later increased or completed through
donations and acquisitions made by the municipality.
In a matter
of only a few years, Georg Swarzenski, director of the Städel
Institute of Art and of the Liebig Municipal Museum of Sculpture
managed to put together a collection of over 350 sculptures
containing works from Ancient times as well as from the Middle
Ages and Baroque Period.
In 1989 a gallery wing was added to the museum in such a way
that the exhibition surface area expanded to 2,000 m2. Today
this is one of the world's most important sculpture museums.
The collection is made up of Egyptian, Greek and Roman sculptures,
and there are also Medieval, Renaissance, Manierism, Baroque,
Rococo and Classic pieces, as well as articles from the Far
East. Visitors must not miss out on the idyllic gardens, an
oasis of tranquility, ideal for relaxation and contemplation.
A fantastic display of artwork which is a definite must on
your itinerary when traveling to Frankfurt
for a German Language Course.
|Schirn Art Gallery||Money Museum|
_uacct = "UA-1809978-1";