English Course in New York for Adults
- School in perfect location
- Standard and intensive courses
- Different types of accommodation
New York is often called “The city that never sleeps”, and for good reason. This exhilarating city has over eight million inhabitants and hundreds of famous landmarks for tourists to visit and explore. Students will find something to do all day and night in this buzzing city full of culture. From breathtaking skyscrapers to famous art galleries - New York has it all!
'The Big Apple' is home to the world’s most famous landmarks, from the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty and the renowned Rockefeller Center, to Staten Island and of course Times Square. Students can discover the famous districts of Soho, Little Italy and Chinatown or simply explore the high-end boutiques Manhattan is famous for. New York’s trendy ambience is set against a culturally rich backdrop of famous art galleries and theatres.
Surrounded by native English speaking locals and tourists, students will find themselves picking up the English language effortlessly. The learning process extends far beyond the classrooms, and students can thrive in this buzzing city by experimenting with their new language skills in a relaxed and spontaneous fashion.
Our first-class school in New York comprises the exhilarating tourist vibe with talented and friendly English teachers, and a relaxed school setting in the centre of one of the world’s most popular cities. Students can choose from a variety of courses to suit their individual needs, from standard to intensive language programs.
Why Choose One of Our English Language Courses In New York?
Experience New York at its finest, from Central Park to Broadway. Enjoy the diverse culture and breathtaking architecture while perfecting your newly acquired language skills. Our study abroad language program in New York encompasses an unforgettable travel opportunity, a first class learning environment with exceptional English teachers and, above all, a lifelong skill developed in the company of lifelong friends. Allow yourself to be mesmerised by this fantastic city while learning a new language and creating unforgettable memories!
- Centrally located
- Professional and native teachers
- Well-equipped classrooms
- Numerous leisure activities in the surroundings
- A welcoming reception area
- 12 comfortable classrooms
- Computer room with high-speed internet access
- A kitchenette
- A relaxing student’s lounge
Our Sprachcaffe Languages Plus School is located in the illustrious Manhattan and is a convenient 5 minute walk from various major Subway stations. Our school is centrally located with a number of famous attractions just a stone’s throw away. With the Empire State Building and Broadway a few blocks away, as well as the renowned Fifth Avenue, there are enough sightseeing opportunities to keep students busy day and night.
Madison Square Garden and Times Square are just a few of the attractions to visit and are withing walking distance of the school. Students enjoy being in the thick of it, right in the centre of 'The Big Apple'!
Our New York school aims to create the perfect travel and learning experience for all of our students. We offer a variety of excursions led by our language teachers to ensure all of our learners enjoy the wonders of NYC while perfecting their English. Students can choose from various outings, ranging from street festivals to sporting and cultural events; take a deep breaht of fresh air in the natural beauty of Central Park or enjoy an evening in one of the world famous nightclubs. We also offer weekend trips to Washington D.C., Niagara Falls and Boston!
Take a look at our New York Guide for more ways to spend your days in The Big City.
- Standard, intensive, super-intensive, part-time, TOEFL exam preparation, FCE exam preparation and one-to-one courses.
- Includes placement test & certificate
- Qualified and native teachers
- Homestay and apartment accommodation
New York is undoubtedly one of most exhilarating destinations to learn English!
The school’s central location in Downtown Manhattan is the ideal environment to acquire the English language. Students can experiment with their newly acquired skills by chatting with the locals, absorb the stunning views of Madison Square Garden and explore the lively streets of New York.
Discover our different English courses below and chose the one that suits you best!
|Course Type||Lessons Per Week*||Minimum Duration||Group size||More Info|
|Standard||20||1 week||14||More Info|
|Standard Plus||24 (20 lessons + 4 workshops)||14||-|
|Intensive||30||1 week||14||More Info|
|One-to-One||10, 20 or 30||1 week||1||More Info|
|Super-intensive||40||1 week||14||More Info|
|Part-time||10||1 week||14||More Info|
|** Standard / TOEFL Exam Preparation||20||approx. 12 weeks||14||More Info|
|Standard / FCE Exam Preparation||20||approx. 12 weeks||14||More Info|
- * 1 lesson = 45 minutes
- ** For TOEFL exam preparation course, Exam fee is not included. Starting dates every 4 weeks on average.
- The minimum age for participating in our courses is 18 years old, for students over the age of 16 we will consider course acceptance upon request.
- All courses of 12 weeks or longer will require a USA student visa.
- For all visa related enquiries, please consult your relevant embassies.
We offer English courses for all types of learners at every proficiency level in the English Language. The Sprachcaffe School in New York accommodates all learners with courses ranging from basic to the more advanced English courses. Students can choose the duration of their stay, the intensity of their course and the accommodation type best suited for them.
The Sprachcaffe team in New York are passionate about sharing the English language and the New York culture with every student, and aim to create a memorable and effective language and travel experience.
FCE, CAE Exam Dates 2016
|Start Date||Duration||Exam Date|
|4 Jan||10/12 weeks||5-12 Mar|
|21 Mar||10/12 weeks||4-8 June|
|26 Sept||10/12 weeks||10-14 Dec|
IELTS & TOEFL Exam Dates 2016
|Start Date||Duration||Exam Date*|
|Approx. every 4 weeks||12 weeks||Approx. every 4 weeks|
In order for you to fully maximise your English course experience you will need to ensure that you choose the right accommodation for you.
We want you to feel completely comfortable during your course, as well as to give you the opportunity to improve your English outside class time.
For this reason, we offer host-family homestay & residence accommodation in New York.
The homestays accommodation gives you the chance to communicate with local families, meaning you can build on your newly-acquired English skills outside the classroom, make new friends, share experiences, or get local tips and recommendations. The residence accommodation allows you to mix with other language students to practice your skills.
We offer the following accommodation in New York:
★★★★★ Food & Drink
★★★☆☆ Nature & Recreation
☆☆☆☆☆ Bathing & Beach
The Big Apple is the city where it all happens. Over 47 million tourists visit New York each year and with good reason. This unique city offers everything from museums and art exhibitions to breathtaking skyscrapers and a liberating nightclub scene. The distinctive city of New York is perfectly characterised as larger than life with every aspect of the Big Apple mesmerising, astonishing and inspiring every tourist.
New York is the only city in the world made up of 5 different boroughs, separated by major waterways, with each borough offering tourists a unique and distinctly American experience.
Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island each have their own reputation and characteristics that clearly define the diverse nature of New York City. Tourists will welcome the opportunity to explore the different neighbourhoods and experience the popular attractions as well as the variety of cultures.
- Manhattan – The exclusive neighbourhood of Manhattan is the hub for most of the major entertainment events and shows that New York is famous for. Lower Manhattan is home to popular places, such as Little Italy and the renowned Wall Street. New York’s traditional and classical culture will be found in every corner of Manhattan.
- Brooklyn – Widely recognised as New York’s trendiest area, Brooklyn has the greatest population of all the boroughs and offers a wealth of cultural diversity. Tourists will be awed by the famous Coney Island, and can enjoy many fun filled hours exploring this incredible tourist attraction. Fashionistas can also enjoy the greatest deals on the latest trends straight off the catwalk in Brooklyn.
- Queens – New York’s largest neighbourhood has a variety of diverse cultures, cuisine and festivals. Queens hosts some of the finest up-and-coming art, culture and music exhibitions in New York City. Many believe Queens is fast becoming NYC’s most stylish borough.
- Bronx – The Bronx is the perfect destination for sports enthusiasts as it is home to the famous Yankee Stadium. This laid back neighbourhood boasts relaxed, old fashioned delis and is a great place to see the esteemed jazz and street performers of NYC.
- Staten Island – Tourists can enjoy a typically American ferry trip to Staten Island and experience the many parks and reserves of this famous borough. The New York Ferris Wheel will be impossible to miss and is one of Staten Island’s major attractions.
- The Statue of Liberty – Lady Liberty was offered as a gift from France in the 19th and stands as a welcoming gesture to returning Americans, visitors and immigrants. The Statue of Liberty was designed by Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi and is one of the most well-known attractions in the USA.
- Brooklyn Bridge - Spanning the East River and connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan, The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the oldest suspension bridges in the United States.
- Central Park - This massive park contains several artificial lakes, 2 ice skating rinks, numerous ponds and incredible walking paths. Central Park is the perfect spot to experience New York at its finest.
- The Empire State Building - This world famous 103 storey skyscraper dates back to 1931 and offers the most awe-inspiring views of New York from the observation deck.
- Times Square - The spectacular billboard covered buildings are a tourist magnet and contribute to the ambience that has made Times Square one of the most visited attractions. Famous for its theatres, cinemas and electronic billboards, Times Square is one of the places in the city that best contributes to its reputation as "the city that never sleeps".
New York City is situated on the three major islands of Manhattan, Staten Island and Western Long Island. Tourists can expect hot summers, cold winters and mild spring and fall seasons.
New Yorkers share a unique culture. This diverse city has an abundance of attractions and things to do and see. Explore Central Park, Times Square or Wall Street, or visit the world-class museums, including The Guggenheim, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, as well as The Museum of Modern Art.
Have a cocktail in one of Manhattan’s finest cocktail bars or spend an evening in the many nightclubs. "The city that never sleeps" will keep every tourist entertained and liberated with its buzzing streets.
New Yorkers share an avid interest in baseball, with New York’s two teams - namely the Mets and the Yankees - keeping up a fierce rivalry. The active life in New York is evident by the many fitness sports happening in local parks and recreational areas.
New York is home to the world famous Fifth Avenue, Greenwich Village, Union Square and the East Village, not to mention the annual New York Fashion Week. These magnificent shopping destinations are true to the Big Apple’s high society culture. The many local markets and souvenir gift shops will ensure every tourist has a piece of NYC to take home.
- language course as booked
- placement test
- accommodation as booked
- course certificate
Sprachcaffe Languages Plus offers students cost-effective English courses in 'The Big Apple'. Our school in New York prides itself on excellent high standards without the exuberant high prices. We have a variety of courses, accommodation types and duration options ensuring every student can choose a package specially created to suit their individual needs.
- Language course as booked - Non-refundable registration fee: 10% of the tuition, max. 100 USD
- Accommodation as booked - Non-refundable placement fee: 100 USD
- Placement text and certificate included in the price
- Textbook on loan ($10/week, $50 deposit) or on sale at the school
- Letter of acceptance for visa purposes: included in the registration fee
Students can simply choose the length of their stay in New York, the course intensity and the accommodation option, and find the corresponding price package in the table above. Our prices include a number of services as well as some services at an additional cost.