Chinese Gap Year

Spend your Gap Year in China and learn the incredibly useful chinese language.

To the language schools »

Splash into Savings: Summer Discounts! 🏖️🌊

Exclusive Discounts for your summer travels ✈️. Brighton up your lives this summer☀️ Get Set for Unbeatable Offers!

Secure the last beds for this summer !

Chinese Gap Year destination

The Chinese culture is one of the oldest cultures and the language also holds many hidden surprises and secrets that are worth exploring. Chinese is the mother tongue of about 897 million people in the world. This makes the Chinese economy increasingly more important and it is therefore very advantageous to speak the language both for business and socially. 

There are countless sights to explore in the enormous metropolis of Beijing, such as the rich culture, the shopping possibilities and the culinary delicacies. If you would like to see more places you can also visit cities and villages around Beijing. No other country is as diversified and extensive as China. You can use your stay to explore the country across many weeks and you will always have something new to see and discover!

If you decide to travel to Beijing to take a language course we will take care of your flight, your accommodation and the board. Additionally we offer a program with many different free time activities.

Our language school in China

Gap Year in Beijing

✓ Gap Year course for 16 year olds and onward

✓ Accommodation typical for Beijing

✓ Learn Chinese in China

Learn more

Learn Chinese in the Middle Kingdom

Taking a placement test will help us determine which language level your course should have in order to help you learn effectively. Our courses are international, which means that you will be learning Chinese together with people from all around the world. The minimum amount of time you can stay for a Gap Year or sabbatical course is 8 weeks. The weekly price of your course decreases depending on the length of your stay. The conditions for your flight or accommodation remain unaffected by the duration of your stay. At our school in China you can choose between taking a Standard or Intensive course. The Gap Year or sabbatical courses are available for people aged 18 and above, but 16 and 17 year olds can still participate provided that they submit a permission letter from their parents or certified guardians.

Requirements for entering China

Once you have received your tourist VISA it will be valid for 3 months, but it will only allow you to stay in the country for 30 days. Please note: In order to receive a VISA your passport must be valid for at least another 6 months. If you have questions about this or want more information you can contact the Chinese embassy. If you take a Gap Year course with us and are asked to provide documentation of your student status at any point, you can request these with us and we will happily provide you with said documents.

Please also be aware that your tourist VISA is not valid for regions such as Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. If you travel to these regions you are officially exiting China. It is therefore important to consult the Chinese embassy about whether it is possible to visit these areas with the travel passport that you currently own.

Travel insurance for China

If you are planning to stay in China for a longer period of time you should determine whether you currently have a travel health insurance. Should you not currently have one you should apply for a travel health insurance well in advance before beginning your trip to China. The current health care institution that you are registered with will be able to assist you in this matter. If you already have a travel health insurance you will need to make sure that it will stay valid for the entire duration of your stay until you are back in your country of residence. Many providers also offer special rates for people studying and language course participants.

A short note about yellow fever

Should you have experienced yellow fever shortly before your visit to China you will need to get a yellow fever vaccine before beginning your trip to China. There are currently no further vaccination requirements, but this is liable to change depending on decisions by the authorities. This is why you should refer to the website of the federal foreign office or contact the Chinese embassy directly for further information.