Tourism in London
- Economic and cultural capital
- Wide range of courses offered in an international environment
- Choice of accommodation types
London is undoubtedly one of the must-see destinations of the world, as well as being the capital city of England and the United Kingdom. This lively city is constantly buzzing and has an atmosphere that will leave every tourist enthralled by the regal presence and modern culture.
London is not only one of the world’s capital business and financial centres, but it plays an influential role in world politics, education, entertainment, media and fashion. This tourist hub is also home to some of the world’s most famous landmarks.
- Ealing: Home to the Sprachcaffe Languages Plus School and, with a number of lush parks, is one of London’s greenest boroughs. Ealing is also known as “Queen of the Suburbs”.
- The British Museum: The British Museum has a number of galleries and an enormous collection of antiques and artefacts from all around the world.
- Buckingham Palace: This majestic palace has been the official residence of the English Royal Family since 1837. With guided tours of the Royal Palace and the renowned changing of the guards’ ceremonies, this landmark is a definite must-see in London.
- Royal Albert Hall: The Royal Albert Hall was opened by Queen Victoria in 1871 and has hosted various cultural and musical events. From ballroom dancing to ballets and operas, this iconic venue will hold an event for every preference.
Must-See Tourist Attractions in London
- The London Eye
- Big Ben
- The Tower of London
- The London Dungeon
- West End & Westminster Abbey
- Kensington Palace
- Madame Tussauds, London
- Hyde Park
- Trafalgar Square
Geography and Climate
London boasts a comfortable climate throughout the year, with typical English winters and sunny summers. Temperatures range from a minimum of 6◦C in winter and highs exceeding 20◦C in the summer months.
Culture in London
London is home to over 300 nationalities, which have contributed to today's diverse culture in the city. The spirited English pubs will keep tourists entertained with lively chats about the local football scene.
The younger crowd can visit one of the many dynamic nightclubs, or spend the evening in with a local favourite dish of fish, chips and a cool lager or the quintessentially British bangers and mash.
From music and art to a bustling financial sector – London has it all.
Sport in London
London is synonymous with sports, from football to rugby and polo to cricket, this diverse sporting arena is a favourite for every sports fan! Having been the first city to host the summer Olympics three times as well as being the home to several leading football clubs, it is clear that London raises champions.
True sports fans will also be thrilled to visit the famous grounds that have hosted historical sporting moments, such as the eminent Wimbledon Arena as well as Wembley Stadium.
Shopping in London
Having introduced the world to the likes of Vivienne Westwood, Burberry and Stella McCartney it is no wonder London is one of the four fashion capitals of the world. The bi-annual London Fashion Week is one of the city’s largest events and attracts thousands of fashion enthusiasts each year.
With some of the most exclusive couture brands in the world, London is the ideal shopping destination and where better to end off a shopping spree than the renowned Harrods or Harvey Nichols department stores.
Our language school in London is accredited by the British Council and English UK.