Arabic is one of the most challenging languages to learn in the Western world however with its significant growth in the economy, in recent years, the benefits of learning the language far outweigh the challenges that you may face. Here are a few tips that will help you learn Arabic in an effective and enjoyable manner.
- Make the most of your class time. Listen carefully and ask questions if you are unsure about anything.
- One of the most challenging aspects of the language is learning the 27 letters in the alphabet as well as their correct pronunciation; by learning the alphabet correctly you will find the language easier to comprehend.
- Practice outside of the classroom with fellow students and the locals. By experimenting with your Arabic skills outside of the classroom you will gain confidence and absorb every nuance of the language in a natural environment.
- Schedule your time effectively. Ensure that your study time is balanced with recreational time, and allow yourself to explore the wonders of Rabat while learning the language simultaneously and spontaneously.
- Read Arabic scripts. Start simple, and try your hand at the local newspapers or beginners’ books. Remember Arabic is written from right to left, so concentrate on getting comfortable with this element of the written language.
- Enjoy this once in a lifetime language and travel experience.