Small number of places still available! Save up to £400 in Brighton or London North! Start your unforgettable summer holiday in England now!
Top Tips for Students Learning the Italian Language
Italian is a language that radiates charm, romance and passion. Through learning Italian, you can absorb the famous Italian charisma while challenging yourself to embrace a new language skill. While learning a new language or perfecting an existing skill may seem daunting at first, the benefits will far outweigh the difficulties as you experience a language and a culture like no other.
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of an Italian course in Italy:
- Embrace the classroom discussions – Listen to the classroom lessons and be sure to ask questions if there is anything that you are unsure about. Our teachers are always happy to assist you, answer questions and slow down the pace if you need them to, so enjoy our unique teaching styles and have fun while learning.
- Keep a dictionary or simple phrase book with you at all times – Having simple and easy to use learning materials handy when you are unsure of something will help you gain the confidence to express yourself correctly, while allowing you to remember the phrase for future reference.
- Plan your time effectively and stick to a study timetable – Be sure to plan your days with ample study time and regular breaks to explore your surroundings.
- Make visual aids in the form of flashcards or vocabulary lists – The added visuals of flashcards and charts will help you gain an understanding of the parts of speech and the pronunciation of the Italian language.
- Practice your reading skills throughout your stay – Reading is the best way to expand your vocabulary, so indulge in some Italian literature or just start simply with signs, the local newspaper or the menu at the café around the corner, then move on to more challenging texts as you gain confidence.
- Have a chat with the locals – The locals will be more than happy to share their language with you and help you make the most of your time in Italy, so take advantage of their friendly natures and experiment with your Italian skills in everyday conversations.
- Schedule your breaks regularly - Allow your learning to be fun and effective by taking a break from your studies regularly. Enjoy your surroundings and allow your learning to continue naturally in Italy.
Do you have a question or need some advice?
We are always ready to solve any doubts you might have!