Learning a new language is exhilarating and nerve wrecking at the same time. But in a world where multi-culture and multilingualism has become a way of everyday life; a foreign language skill is not only beneficial, but is almost essential. Languages are best learnt at a young age, and with the world at your feet the time to learn Spanish is right now…so what are you waiting for?
While learning Spanish may seem like a challenging undertaking – the end results are guaranteed to be worthwhile. Here are a few tips that will make the journey to fluency in Spanish easy, exciting and memorable:
- Focus during lessons – By absorbing every moment of your language lesson you are allowing yourself to experience the language, while you make notes and have the opportunity to ask questions whenever you feel the need.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions – Our teachers are eager to help and join you on this amazing language experience, so don’t be afraid to ask questions. Who knows? Maybe one of your fellow students is wondering the same thing!
- Listen to the locals, fellow students or the radio/TV – Absorb the language as it surrounds you in your beautiful surroundings. Allow the learning experience to assail your senses from sights to sounds and, of course, the authentic Spanish tastes.
- Practice – Don’t be afraid to experiment with your new skills freely, while you discover your surroundings. The friendly locals will be more than happy to share their language and play a role in your learning experience.
- Set up a visual learning area – Try everything from charts to vocab lists or visual aids - as long as it catches your eye. Set up a learning area that works for you.
- Read – Practice your skills while you read the local magazines, newspapers or simply make use of the Spanish menus while you order your snack.
- Take a break – This experience is a truly once in a lifetime opportunity, so make the most of it! Explore your surroundings, make friends and create unforgettable memories while you take a break from your studies.
- Enjoy every moment of your stay.