Get your Espresso early bird discount now and travel whenever you want ☕
German is one of the most popular European languages, and is one that can be frequently heard in almost every corner of the world. The language has over 100 million native speakers and is one of the most diverse and exciting languages to learn. With the world at your feet and your whole future ahead of you, it makes sense to invest in learning this awesome language and unlocking the door to incredible possibilities.
While the idea of learning the German language and embracing this world-renowned culture may seem like an immensely challenging task at first, with the help of our qualified language team we aim to make sure that this learning and travel experience is one of the most memorable adventures of your life. We have compiled a list of tips that will help you make the most of this awesome experience and reach your language goals in no time.
We have a special article for you: a huge list of free resources to learn German. This article is perfect for German language learners of all levels, beginner to advanced, or German teachers. It contains resource sections on listening (radio, podcasts), watching (TV and Youtube playlists), pronunciation, learning software and apps, great websites, and much more!
Everything you need to learn German in one place!
- Absorb and enjoy every lesson – By actively listening and participating during the classes, you will find yourself grasping the fundamental aspects of the language easily, but if you’re not sure, ask questions!
- Don’t be afraid to ask – Our teachers adapt each class to meet your needs, so make sure you take your time to understand every element of the language and ask questions whenever you are unsure. Our open and communicative learning environment will make the learning process almost effortless and always fun.
- Practice your new skills – Being surrounded by the language throughout your stay will play a huge role in your confidence levels, so make sure you experiment with your new language skills and practice the language whenever you have the opportunity to do so.
- Schedule your study time – Set aside a specific time each day to go over your notes and study. A neat and relaxing study area is advised and we encourage you to use visual aids that will help make your learning fun and effective.
- Read – Whether you want to try reading the local newspaper or just want to start off with the local café’s menu, every bit will help you perfect your skills and gain confidence while doing so.
- Have an easy reference guide nearby – While you enjoy your free time in Germany, you might find yourself stuck on a particular word or phrase, keep a dictionary or phrase book with you at all times to help you. By looking up the word or phrase it will be unlikely that you will forget it next time.
- Take a break – This experience is a once in a lifetime adventure so be sure to make the most of your time and take a break. Taking regular breaks will keep you refreshed and revitalised, while keeping the learning process fun and exciting.
- Enjoy every moment in this magnificent country.