English Courses in Brighton for Young People
If you are looking for a unique seaside experience, Brighton is the place to go. This English holiday resort is one of the top destinations in the UK and offers a lively atmosphere, friendly locals and a wealth of history. Brighton is famous for its beach, pier, and festivals.
This exciting destination first became popular as a seaside getaway for Londoners about 200 years ago and attracts young students from all over the world. Surrounded by beautiful English countryside and many historic sites, such as The Royal Pavilion. Brighton has something for everyone and is an ideal place to learn English and meet new friends.
Our English programme in Brighton aims to give you the confidence to use your new English skills. Interesting lessons, a lively leisure programme and the opportunity to socialise with other international students will leave you with fond memories and a list of new friends from all over the world.
- Our language courses offer the opportunity to activate and supplement your language learning during the holidays!
- Learn a language from trained teachers, many of whom are native speakers.
- Interactive use of the language through discussions, role plays and activities outside of the classroom.
- Sprachcaffe offers an activity program that contains a multitude of age-appropriate activities
- The welfare of our young students is very important to us: trained team-members can be contacted 24/7
Our School in Brighton
The city centre, beaches and shopping areas are all a 10-15 minute walk from our school in Holland Road, putting you in a great position to explore Brighton.
Our teachers are all qualified and friendly and will treat you as part of the Sprachcaffe family, while your trained teamers are there to offer you their advice and support during your time in Brighton.
Our leisure programs are designed to give you the opportunity to practise your English while enjoying activities and social events with your classmates. There is always plenty to do and places to go.
Our Holland Road School is fully-equipped with:
- A welcoming reception area
- Spacious and bright classrooms
- Outdoor area and garden
Our teachers aim to create an enjoyable and educational atmosphere to learn in. By preparing and planning interesting and fun lessons we aim to keep you motivated throughout your stay.
Our Standard English course covers the four different skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking) following our age appropriate coursebook and syllabus. You will also get the opportunity to work on your grammar, vocabulary and English pronunciation. Our Intensive courses provide additional practice. Communicative activities focussing on vocabulary building and speaking give students the opportunity to use their new language and skills. Classes may be of mixed level ability which also creates a supportive learning environment and the chance for students to help each other develop their English skills.
With our balanced curriculum and qualified teachers, you will have the opportunity to effectively learn every aspect of the English language, from grammar and comprehension to reading and writing. As you progress, your teachers will support and encourage you to gain confidence in your new language skills.
Lessons Per Week*
20 (15 hours per week)
30 (22.5 hours per week)
* 1 lesson = 45 minutes
** We reserve the right to increase class sizes in exceptional circumstances but aim at a maximum of 15 students per class
Our online assessment tests help us determine your current language level so we can place you in a class with students at a similar level. We aim to make your time in Brighton educational and fun to help you achieve your learning goals.
You will find our comfortable accommodation options welcoming and great for relaxing after a fun-filled day. Whether you want to enjoy the comfort of a family home or shared accommodation with students from all over the world, with us you will have the opportunity to reflect, relax and continue practicing your English after your lessons.
Typical room furnishing of the country
Optionally with private or shared bathroom
Situated directly at the West-Beach
3 or 4-bed room
1 bathroom per room
TV, in the room
Wi-Fi in the whole building
Telephone in the room
- Homestay – Our host families are specially chosen to share their homes with students from all over the world and be available for students to practice English with. With the comforts of home and the company of your host family, you will be made to feel like part of the Brighton community. Host families have all been carefully chosen and are located in appropriate residential areas in or around Brighton & Hove. Student bedrooms all have comfortable beds and storage for clothes. All families offer wifi, are non-smoking and can do laundry for their students. Students staying at host families will travel to and from the school unsupervised but will be escorted to their bus stop before they take their own journey home.
- School Residence or Aparthotels – If you want to share every aspect of your language and travel experience with your fellow students, then our school residence is perfect for you. With home comforts, English style, and a relaxed environment, you will be able to enjoy the social aspect of our residence while practicing English with other motivated learners. Our teamers live on site with the students to ensure their comfort and safety.
- College accommodation - During the summer season, we offer College accommodation the Varley Park, which is normally home to Brighton University students. While local students are on vacation, the university opens its doors to our Sprachcaffe students. Like the school residence, college accommodation gives you the chance to live in the same building as many other language students, who you will be able to practice English with throughout your stay. With college accommodation you get a taste of what it's like to live in a university dorm. Our teamers live on site with the students to ensure their comfort and safety.
There is always something interesting happening in Brighton because the city is always busy with beach goers, students, tourists and interesting locals. Beach parties, cinemas, volleyball, visits to the famous Royal Pavilion and Brighton Pier, and much, much more... there's something for everyone in Brighton!
Make sure to check out 'The Lanes', Brighton's famous shopping district, full of small unique and independent shops. You can find everything here, and is a real insight into the city’s diverse character.
We also organize excursions to the areas surrounding Brighton. You can, for example, go to the Seven Sisters cliffs or Devil’s Dyke valley, and go on trips to other towns and cities in the south of England, such as Lewes and Eastbourne.
A highlight of our youth program is undoubtedly the trip to London – an unforgettable experience for most, and one that should not be missed by any language student in England. This excursion is included in the course price. Brighton is only a short distance from London with trains taking under and hour from Brighton Station to Central London.
- the activities in our sample week are examples from our program and are subject to change depending on weather and other circumstances.
- any free time is risk assessed by our teamers and curfews are in place for all our accommodation options for students aged under 18
- in addition we often have extra excursions / activities that can be paid for locally (for example a day trip to Oxford would cost about £30.00)
Sea Life Centre
Half day trip to Lewes Castle
Full day trip to London
Full day trip to London
Why not ask about an upgrade and enjoy our Intensive Leisure Program for just £45 extra each week.
Prices & Booking
These great value language courses in Brighton offer young people the unique opportunity to improve their English skills while living in England. We make it easy for everyone to enjoy this experience by offering low prices, high quality accommodation, excellent classes taught by qualified teachers, along with a full recreational program.
There are so many opportunities for teenagers to improve their English speaking skills inside and outside the classroom; through excursions, games and activities, shared accommodation with other students or a host family, and of course top quality English classes in our reputable English school in Brighton. All of these services and more are available at competitively low prices.
Transfers to/from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) or London Gatwick Airport (LGW) are available on arrival each Sunday between 09:00 and 19:00, and on departure (Friday for residence accommodation, Saturday for host families) between 09:00 and 19:00.
Unaccompanied minor service offered only if required by airline.