English Course in New York for Young People
- Supervised program for 14-17 year olds
- Flexible program for 18-21 year olds
- The city that never sleeps
- Bustling atmosphere
Get ready to explore a city like no other as you enjoy everything New York City has to offer. In "the city that never sleeps" you will be bedazzled at every turn, while you embrace the English language and enjoy the vibrant energy that buzzes along the streets of NYC. In the land of opportunity, New York is the culmination of beauty, excitement and adventure. As a young adult in NYC you are guaranteed an experience to remember.
With an awe-inspiring skyline, amazing landmarks and lively multicultural neighborhoods, New York is the city where anything is possible. The city’s incredible atmosphere will leave you captivated as you embark on an adventure and acquire English skills that will open up the door to infinite opportunities.
Whether you want to dive headfirst into an intensive English course or would prefer a standard course as you enjoy New York City to the fullest, our school in NYC is the ideal starting point for every adventure. Learning English in this amazing environment will leave you feeling inspired, motivated and exhilarated by the possibilities of the USA. Embrace an exciting curriculum and enjoy the company of our trained and friendly group leaders, and of course your fellow students.
"The big apple" is overflowing with exciting things to do and see, and will provide you with ample opportunity to experiment with your English skills while socializing with the friendly New Yorkers and students from all over the world. Get ready to be amazed in NYC by everything from fashion and history to culture and breathtaking beauty.
Unlock the door to infinite opportunities as you learn English and experience the wonder of New York City. An English course in New York City is a once in a lifetime experience that will leave you with amazing memories, lifelong friendships and a sense of independence that every young adult craves. Invest in your future as you experience the many incredible attractions, absorb the English language and meet people from all over the world. Adventure is guaranteed in NYC, so let’s get together and talk!
Our School in New York
- Located in Midtown Manhattan
- Subway station, great shops and famous sights nearby
- Lesson materials are provided
Our school is in the heart of Manhattan and offers you the opportunity to learn English in a relaxed and enjoyable environment that will guarantee effective learning. New York has a lively atmosphere, unmatched by any city in the world, making it the ideal destination to learn a global language while enjoying some of the world’s greatest tourist attractions.
Our school is fully equipped and is located near a major subway station - the perfect starting point for all your adventures! With our talented teachers and exciting curriculum, your time in the classroom will be worthwhile and exhilarating. Our open and communicative teaching techniques will help you gain confidence as you embrace the English language and experiment with your skills inside and outside the classroom.
Our school is fully equipped with:
- A welcoming reception area
- Fully functional classrooms
- A recreational area
- Study lounge
- Internet access
With our small group sizes and exciting planned activities, your experience in New York is guaranteed to be unforgettable. Enjoy the wonders of Broadway or visit the world-renowned Madison Square Garden. No matter what you choose, NYC is a city like no other and will keep you truly mesmerized from the moment you arrive.
- Standard English courses available
- English course for 14 to 21 year olds
- Course certificate upon completion
Whether you want to perfect your existing English skills or learn the very basics of the language, our school in New York offers standard English courses for all levels that you can take for your preferred length of time.
Lessons per Week
Forget about classroom learning as you know it, because with our talented teachers you will be able to enjoy a relaxed environment that helps you gain confidence in your skills and allows you to express yourself in our open and communicative classrooms. Learn how to read, write and speak the English language as you develop your vocabulary and improve your grammar. When in the streets of NYC, students find that the English practice continues naturally as they get chatting to locals and other young people in the streets, shops and restaurants of NYC:
Our online assessment tests (taken before you coem to New York) help to ensure you are placed in a class with students at a similar language proficiency level, and with teachers who will adapt the class to suit every student’s individual language needs.
- Shared room in residence or college accommodation
- Single room in homestay
- Full board & packed lunch
Even if New York never sleeps, you have to! You are sure to crave a relaxing environment to call home after your fun and adventure filled days in NYC. Our school in New York offers you three accommodation options - you can either stay in a homestay with a family living in New York or you can stay in our residence or college accommodation with other langauge students.
With homestay accommodation, you can rest assured that you'll be fully immersed in the New York way of life, and the famous hospitality means host families always treat their guests as a member of the family. To guarantee the quality of our homestays, some are not located directly in downtown New York, but all are within 60 minutes of Downtown New York and our school.
If you choose our residence or college options, you'll always have other students to get to know and who will be just as keen as you to practise their newly acquired English skills. The residence is ideal for exploring the city, with subway stations and bus stops in the immediate vicinity. The cost to stay in the residence also includes a weekly cleaning service.
Distance from School
Typical NY Home
Approx. 60 mins by public transport
Approx. 60 mins by public transport
Shared lounge, shared bathroom, study rooms, fitness center, jogging track, racquet hall and squash courts, WiFi and cable internet
*only available weeks of 25 June to 20 August 2017
★★★★★ Food & Drink
★★★☆☆ Nature & Recreation
☆☆☆☆☆ Bathing & Beach
With a million and one things to do in New York City, you will find yourself inspired as you embrace a whole new culture in a city like no other. In The Big Apple, you will be captivated by a vibrant energy and an incredible atmosphere as you enjoy the countless incredible activities.
For a young adult, adventure is the spice of life and in New York adventure lies around every corner! Whether you want to marvel at the splendor of Lady Liberty, check out Times Square or just enjoy strolling down the lively streets of Manhattan, NYC has everything you could possibly imagine. Our trained Teamers are eager to share the wonders of New York with you as you socialize with students from all over the world and enjoy the famous American hospitality.
Our planned activities include everything from bowling to city tours and cultural excursions. Explore the land of opportunity as you visit Broadway, some of the world’s biggest publishing houses and even enjoy some of the famous festivals or cultural events that New York has to offer.
Your days are guaranteed to be action-packed, but the fun doesn't stop when the sun goes down. Our teamers have a whole variety of awesome adventures planned. Our welcome party sets the mood for a laid back and exciting trip with students from all over the world. Our themed parties allow you to truly experience New York’s multicultural diversity - you can enjoy an incredible Hawaiian Luau and try your luck during a fun casino evening.
If you want to get a better idea of what the average week with Sprachcaffe in New York looks like, then take a look at our sample itinerary below. Participation in many of the activities listed is voluntary. You are free to pick the activities that interest you the most!
Full day trip to Statue of Liberty
American Museum of Natural History
Half day trip to Chinatown
Full day trip to Statue of Liberty
Take it up a notch and enjoy our Intensive Leisure Program for just $165 extra each week.
- Full range of services included in one low price
- Sit back while we take care of your course, entertainment and accommodation
Imagine exploring one of the world’s greatest cities while learning English naturally and almost effortlessly. Everything is bigger in NYC, and with unimaginable possibilities around every corner you can rest assured that adventure awaits! Our world-class English courses combine a travel experience with the opportunity to enjoy the sense of independence that every young adult craves.
Our English courses in New York are specially designed to meet the needs of young adults as they embark on a true adventure in the "Big Apple". With everything from your accommodation to your English course and an activity program that will keep you entertained, your time in NYC will prove both worthwhile and life-changing. Every aspect of your course will be taken care of: all you have to do is embrace the experience and create unforgettable memories.
Every English course in New York City includes:
- Airport transfers – Students will be collected from the airport at the start of their trip and will be dropped off at the end.
- A specialized placement test - Ensuring every student is placed in a suitable class with students at a similar language proficiency level.
- English language course – On our standard English courses students get to learn the language in a relaxed, fun and effective environment with qualified and friendly language teachers.
- Exciting leisure programs – With everything from sightseeing excursions to adventurous activities, every moment of your stay in New York City is guaranteed to be fun and invigorating. Enjoy the company of your fellow students and make friendships that will last a lifetime as you explore everything NYC has to offer.
- Friendly Teamers and age-appropriate supervision – Our friendly and well-trained teamers are around at all times to ensure that students are taken care of and are available to offer advice or assistance at all times. Students who are under the age of 18 will be supervised and accompanied by our brilliant team leaders.
- Accommodation with full board – Our brilliant homestay option gives you the opportunity to enjoy typical American home comforts, while experiencing English naturally. If you prefer a more sociable accommodation option, our school residence is ideal and will give you ample opportunity to make friends and experiment with your new skills.
- Course certificate upon completion of the course – Students will be awarded a certificate of completion, which will certify the language level achieved as well as the number of lessons attended.
English courses for young people in New York - special offers
For young people ages 16-21 years old
Are you looking to have the adventure of a lifetime? Then look no further than the BIG APPLE - New York City, USA! Under the towering modern day skyscrapers, New York offers fantastic food, music, art and culture from all over the world. The city is packed with countless museums, cinemas, theaters, musicals, cafes, restaurants, festivals, parks, shops and famous sights that are just waiting to be explored by you. Experience the multi-cultural and exciting atmosphere that can only New York can offer by participating in an English course for young people!
Advantages of attending a Sprachcaffe course:
- Our language courses are the perfect complement to your learning during the holidays!
- Learn a language from trained, native speaker teachers
- Interactive use of the language with, for example, discussions, role plays and recent movies
- Sprachcaffe offers a varied and age-appropriate free time activity program
- The welfare of our young students is very important to us: trained team-members can be contacted 24/7